Thursday, July 21, 2011

How do I keep my daughter from becoming a Methodist?

My daughter has a friend who invited her on a Church trip to Florida. My daughter came home from the trip and now wants to attend Methodist services. She thinks Methodists are NICER than Roman Catholics! My wife is livid! She won't encourage this at all! I'm far more open minded. She is 15 and really wants to attend because her girlfriend is attending. I'm sure, once the friendship dissolves, so will this infatuation with the Methodists. Although, I still feel I must tell her what Methodists believe. She was allowed on the trip because of this "Open Door Policy" the Methodists have: All are welcome! Gays aren't going to hell, and women are smart enough to run churches as ministers! Communion is only once a month, and there is NO real presence!!! Love, love, love seems to be the only rule!! No consequences for poor decisions. Should I just let my daughter be led by the hand into the depths of hell???

No comments:

Post a Comment