Sunday, July 17, 2011

Should I drink from the cup or not?

So I'm a Christian and following the teaching of Jesus Christ. I also dabble in Mosaic Law and the teachings and stories of the prophets and the Old Testament from time to time. So, I have this little dilemma. I belong to the Catholic Church and at communion they offer both bread and wine. I always go for the bread but I cautious about partaking in the wine. The reason is that there could be 100 to 300 parishioners in the church on any given Sunday with , I'm guessing, 20 to 30 percent drinking from the same cup which the individual serving wipes in between each parishioner. I feel this may not be very healthy (germ wise) so I skip the wine. The thing is I really want to partake but my thinking is stopping me. So what do you think? Am I at risk of catching some deadly communicable disease by drinking from the same cup as others or am I just worrying excessively?

No comments:

Post a Comment